[C320-list] Honda 200 generator - battery charger?

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Mon Sep 10 10:28:23 PDT 2007

The real answer is to have 2 Honda 2000 generators and the adapter to
hook them together. A guy in our marina did that one time because his
much younger girl friend did not want to sweat at night. He since has
bought a cruiser, sailing was too much work for the girl. Solution
should have been new girlfriend.

Pat

At 01:10 PM 9/10/2007, you wrote:
>Honda has a 3000 kw gen set.  That should probably take care of the
>16,000 BTU AC.  Where are you storing the 2000 kw gen.
>

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:49:37 +0000
>  alahlm at comcast.net wrote:
>>I also have a cruise air 16500 btu and it will not run on a 2000
>>watt gen set -- I was told that a mermaid unit will run a a 2000 watt gen set
>>   al ahlman
>>-------------- Original message -------------- From: hcreech at comcast.net
>>>Allan, I'm missing something here, what AC do you have? I have
>>>Cruise Air 16,000 BTU and was under the impression that no
>>>portable generator would drive it. If that is not true I'll
>>>reconsider. Herb Creech Cloud Chaser #606
>>>-------------- Original message ---------------------- From:
>>>amshd2 at aol.com > > Allen > > > > ?OK and good luck let me know if
>>>it works > > Tony > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Allan
>>>Field > To: 'C320-List' > Sent: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 8:48 pm > Subject:
>>>Re: [C320-list] Honda 200 generator - battery charger? > > > > >
>>>Tony - Based on Pete Clancy's feedback, I am going to try one more
>>>time to > run the A/C. If it works, I'll be keeping the generator.
>>>- Allan > > -----Original Message----- > From:
>>>c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com >
>>>[mailto:c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com] On Behalf Of
>>>amshd2 at aol.com > Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 1:33 PM > To:
>>>c320-list at catalina320.com > Subject: Re: [C320-list] Honda 200
>>>generator - battery charger? > > > Allen > > ? > > ?What is your
>>>email I am intrested in the Generator. > > > > Tony #30 > > > >
>>>Springfield VA > > > -----Original Message----- > From:
>>>Orlando.Duran at AveryDennison.com > To: C320-List > Sent: Fri, 7 Sep
>>>2007 11:59 am > Subject: Re: [C320-list] Honda 200 generator -
>>>battery charger? > > > > > Allan< > > I don't know how long it
>>>will take to recharge as I have only used ours > twice and did not
>>>run it long enough to come up to full charge. <------ > How
>>>Come? > > > > "Allan Field" > > > cast.net> To > Sent by:
>>>"'C320-List'" > c320-list-bounce > s at catalina320.or cc > g >
>>>Subject > Re: [C320-list] Honda 200 generator > 09/05/2007 05:52 -
>>>battery charger? > PM > > > Please respond > to > C320-List > > >
>>>ina320.org> > > > > > > > 1. Using the Honda 2000 (not 200?)
>>>generator is as simple as plugging the > shore power cable into a
>>>suitable adapter. > > 2. It will run the battery charger,
>>>microwave, and our little 100W > inverter > (used for the
>>>LCD/DVD/TV) plus other small appliances. It will not start > a >
>>>12,000 BTU A/C however. > > 3. I don't know how long it will take
>>>to recharge as I have only used > ours > twice and did not run it
>>>long enough to come up to full charge. > > Ours, purchased in
>>>6/2006, is for sale. Contact me off-line if > interested. > >
>>>Allan S. Field > Sea Shadow - #808 > Columbia, MD >
>>>410-746-6532 > > -----Original Message----- > From:
>>>c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com >
> [...]

Pat Moriarty
PSI Urethanes Inc