[C320-list] Sound Reducing Paint Reports?

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Sun Sep 16 00:23:06 PDT 2007

Paint is a joke. In the industrial world where I earn my living noise
abatement is critical.85 dB is the maximum sound level for 8 hours of
exposure. Rock wool, or high density insulation as it's also known is used
on equipment that emits more than 85dB. The thickness of the rock wool
determines the attenuation level.. The West Marine kit uses this material
and it works. Paint can't do the same thing.

Kirk