[C320-list] Battery Chargers

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 18 11:22:59 PDT 2007

Hank,  I had  Newmar problems of being too noisy once the batteries were fully charged.  The ac hum was too much for my spouse--so I now use it as a spare home charger.  I bought and installed the Xantrex 40 and could not be happier.  It is so much better than the Newmar supplied by Catalina.  Bought the boat new and used the Newmar for three years before it got too loud to tolerate.  Ken Cathey  #219 OBUOY

Henry LeSieur <hankles at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I'm replacing my Promariner battery charger. Practical Sailor (Dec. 2005) recommends a Newmar 2000 25 Amp charger. Has anyone installed this charger? any other recommendations?

Hank