[C320-list] Voids under the deck

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 18:13:27 PDT 2007

At the end of the day, if I was to buy another boat, it still would be a
Catalina and Frank Butler and Gerry Douglas know that.  In the 6+ years I
have been on this list, many C320 owners have come and gone with many of the
goners moving up to larger Catalina's.  I can remember only two cases where
a C320 owner went with something other than another Catalina.  I am sure
there probably were more but only two do I remember and one was an
ex-Commodore.  Despite the boat's shortcomings, the value in this boat over
the other 2 major production boats - Hunter and Beneteau - is still
superior.

>From past experience, both personal and from others, I know that if Frank
Butler gets wind of a production problem, he is all over it, bound and
determined to make it right.  In my case, he went beyond what I asked for.
But it says a lot about the company that only Frank can make things right.
As for the voids, I want to "save" the Frank-card for something much bigger.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD