[C320-list] Perkins: Source for parts

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:49:30 PDT 2008

I've bought from here: www.tadiesels.com with good results.  Foley is a
major Perkins dealer: www.foleyengines.com Some have found Foley to be a
very hard sell and a bit arrogant.  Look here for distributors:
http://perkins-sabre.com/PR/index.cfm  I've found a non-marine dealer that
can get the parts; however, Perkins parts are expensive no matter where you
get them.  In my area, non-stocked parts are ordered through:
www.perkinspower.com who is the regional Perkins Sabre authorized dealer (I
think.)  This, I think may be the main Perkins-Sabre web site:
http://perkins-sabre.com/  If you are not on the E Coast, there may be
dealers closer to you.

I've found miscellaneous replacement parts (relays, vibration mounts,
filters, raw water pump parts, probably even injectors,) elsewhere on the
web at 1/10 the Perkins price.  Castings and other obvious Perkins only
parts have only once source.  I replaced the internal water pump and the
parts were over $250.

Good Luck.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"