[C320-list] Lube throttle cable

Karl Mielenhausen _/) C320 at suddenlink.net
Fri Apr 11 05:56:32 PDT 2008

Dave,

Not sure you can (or want to) disassemble the cable from the sheath.
There are cable lubricators designed to help you direct the lubricant into
the sheath, such as....
http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/lubricatecables.html

I rely on gravity (from the pedestal end) and capillarly action (from the
engine end) to draw the lubricant in. I use a Teflon spray or McLube.
Avoid WD-40 for this application.

I also have a supply of light machine oil in needle-bottle applicators
(from my model train maintenance) that I'll try using next time.

Regards....

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690