[C320-list] Keel Bolts Torque

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Mon Apr 14 19:58:44 PDT 2008

Has anyone looked in the manual?  Mine is down at the boat so I won't be able to look till this weekend.  I thought I read that it should be tourqued when commissioning and then again after one year.  Supposedly it never needs to be done again.

 My previous boat, a Sabre, was to be tourqued once a year to 90 ftlb.  The debate we used to get into is that should the 90 ftlb be with well oiled threads or dry (err wet if you have a wet bilge).  The consensus was that you should back off the nut, clean up the threads if requited, lightly oil and then torque to spec.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T