[C320-list] 4 D Battery Replacement

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 20:25:37 PDT 2008

Brian,

What was the mod to the shelves?

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Amirault
Family - S&B
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:24 PM
To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] 4 D Battery Replacement

Tony:

When I became responsible for Bear's care last spring, she had the original
4Ds issued new in 2000. These would not hold a charge after 7 years
undetermined use. I replaced them with a set of 4 6v golf cart AGM batteries
appropriately connected. The combined electrical characteristics exceeded
that of the available 4Ds, they fit in the space occupied by the original
batteries with a mod to the battery shelves, they are maintenance free, and
they are certainly easier to put in than the originals were to take out.

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too