[C320-list] 4 D Battery Replacement

Amirault Family - S&B amiraults at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 16 15:44:24 PDT 2008

Larry:

The house batteries on Bear are under the starboard settee. These rest in
fibreglass trays fastened to the hull with screws. These trays have a
shallow lip which surrounds the perimeter.   When I replaced the pair of 4Ds
with 4 of the 6V batteries, they fit within the width of the trays, but were
a tad too long for the trays. To solve the problem I removed the trays and
with a Dremel ground away one end-lip of each tray. This allowed the
necessary fit.

Of course this may be a function of the specific brand of battery I bought,
and a set of 6V from another manufacturer may not have evidenced this
problem.

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing bear, too