[C320-list] 4 D Battery Replacement

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sun Apr 20 07:07:55 PDT 2008

I have a single belt 125A alternator using the same belt width as the stock
yanmar one.

I replace the belt every year and keep the old one as the spare.  Costs me
~$10 for a high end Gates Green Stripe belt and the engine certainly notices
this when the batteries are drawn down, but the belt would easily go a
couple seasons if I let it.  It does produce a bit of black dust from the
load, and I do re-tension it mid season.

-Jeff