[C320-list] 4 D Battery Replacement

Pete Herron peteherron at mac.com
Sun Apr 20 08:51:42 PDT 2008

I get that black dust from my measly 80A Balmar, but it's caused by the
misalignment of the pulleys.  Trying to align then with a 1" dowel/pry
bar and a wrench doesn't work.  Maybe it would if I had two more arms.
Using slightly different bushings in the two alternator feet might
work, too.  I called Balmar and the guy seemed surprised that it works
as well as it does - he said they often have a misalignment problem
with their stuff as it's designed for a range of installations and not
just the one I have.  There is no visible wear on the belt.  I have a
spare, anyway.

Pete