[C320-list] Service on Raymarine ST60 Wind and ST4000+ Autohelm

Arthur Freedman saltyvet at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 5 15:01:09 PDT 2008

The boat next to me was struck by lightening over the weekend and all
of his electronics were fried.
Unfortunately, my Raymarine ST60 Wind and ST4000+ Autohelm were also
fried.
I spoke directly with the service dept. at Raymarine in Merrimack,
NH.  I was told there is usually a ten day
wait, but the technician suggest I drive up and they might be able to
repair the units while I wait.
I went up the mast and retrieved the mast head  wind unit then drove
it along with the ST60 Wind and ST4000+
units to Raymarine.  A technician came out to the desk and told me to
come back in ~ 1 hour.  I did, and both units were
repaired  though I had to purchase a new mast head unit.  The
technician, Marc, who repaired my units, spend some time
  looking for the only new mast head unit they had and would have for
a while.  My units were beyond warranty so I did pay
  the standard repair fee.I thought I would give a positive spin on
Raymarine and there exceptional service today.
  I had driven the hour up to Merrimack since I will be taking Ivy
Girl to Martha's Vineyard in ten days.

Arthur Freedman

C310  #227
"Ivy Girl"