[C320-list] 2008 C320 Regatta

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 5 16:01:11 PDT 2008

This is the first chance I have had to report on the regatta in Annapolis.
Lee and I really had a great time and are looking forward to the next
regatta.  It was obvious that Warren and Bruce and their spouses put out an
extraordinary effort in planning the regatta.  All events went off smoothly.
I am still trying to figure out how Bruce and Warren pulled off the event at
Phillips.  They had been explaining during day how quickly the weather can
change on the Chesapeake.  Everyone was seated for dinner and looking out
the picture window that covered the whole side of the room on the second
story of Phillips.  The evening sky with the sun reflecting off some clouds
was spectacular and five minutes later there was a crack from lightening and
then one heck of a hail storm with high winds which reduced the visibility
to almost nothing.

It is always interesting meeting the people behind the names that are on the
list.  Most of them I knew from previous regattas but there were some new
ones such as Karl Mielenhausen, Shawn Maloney from Canada, David Allred,
Lamar Desmond, Irving Grunes, David Nolte, Judith Doherty, Scott Thompson,
Mel Volmert, and others.  It was great to spend time with people who have a
common interest in a great boat.

Thanks again to Warren and Bruce for their efforts to make this regatta the
successful.

Rod Boer

Odyssey, #688