[C320-list] Tachometer

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 3 15:35:10 PDT 2008

Barry,

The key to the puzzle is the max RPM no load. The prop pitch and disc size
control max RPM if they are higher and or larger than O.E.M. prop. The max
RPM in neutral is determined by the fuel control governor in neutral. I
would say your tach is a few bricks shy of a load. These tachs are
notoriously inaccurate so if the boat goes the right speed I would consider
that as the benchmark rather than RPM.

Monte
Laima #620