[C320-list] Black Carbon Smoot

Peter Clancy SAILORPETE at msn.com
Thu Aug 7 08:46:53 PDT 2008

FYI ...... Before I sold 'AROBAN' #222, I wanted to spruce up my Perkins diesel and the engine compartment both of which were quite dirty. My approach was to liberally spray liquid degreaser all over the engine and interior of the compartment. Most of the grime then leaked down into the engine pan where I used paper towels to clean it up. I used a toothbrush to get to dirt that didn't dissolve with the degreaser. This took a few hours but the results were excellent. Then, I really got carried away and touched up every chipped and rusty spot with matching engine paint. Replaced all the filters and even sprayed automotive clear-coat on the engine. The pay-off was when my buyer's surveyor asked if I had recently replaced the engine (it was 11 years old). I had also done the hull with Poli-Glow and he asked if it, too, had been repainted. 'AROBAN' is now happily floating somewhere on Lake Champlain.

Peter Clancy
'AROBAN'  #222 (former owner)
Miami, FL