[C320-list] 2008 Regatta - Annapolis

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Fri Aug 8 05:09:38 PDT 2008

Irv, I thought that was you in our lee a little after we finally made it
through the bridge.  You forgot to mention the big wind shifts in the
lee of the bridge, which kept the crew on their toes to make progress.
Seems like we spent half the day sailing parallel to the bridge instead
of towards it.  We finally got through and entered the Magothy around 4
pm, after more beating against the tide, and dodging a good bit of
commercial traffic and fishing boats off the western shore.  But it's
hard to complain about such a fine day of sailing with wind against tide
to keep it interesting.  Hope the rest of your trip home was enjoyable.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653