[C320-list] Interior lights

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 06:29:26 PDT 2008

Holly,

I have found there are two items other than burnt out bulbs that make these
lights not work.

The lamp wires on WindSwept are connected to the wiring harness via a very
cheap blue wire splicing connector.  You should replace these for lamps you
have trouble with.

The other thing is the rivets that hold the wire terminals to the light
itself get loose.  I found by bending the connector at the end of the wire
I could make them make a good electrical contact again.

If changing the bulb doesn't work, take out the two screws that hold the
light fixture in the headliner and the fixture will drop down and you will
be able to get to both of these.

Many owners have upgraded their lights, but I prefer the softer light that
the older OEM lights provide.  I have a couple of small portable 110 V
lights for when I need to really see something.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246