[C320-list] When Lightning Strikes

Sat Aug 16 06:49:48 PDT 2008

First thing I would do is to get a qualified surveyor--there has to be folks who specialize in lightning damage--and have him assess your boat first, then you have some sort of benchmark with which to compare the insurance assessment they will need to make.

----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Tim [chillinonahd at yahoo.com]
Sent: 08/16/2008 06:27 AM
To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] When Lightning Strikes

Sad news - my boat was hit by lightning in a storm on Mon nite here is Long Island. Seems to be limited to electronics but the more people I talk to the more I am learning as to what to check for...like hull damage from where the lightning may have exited. So, I am reaching out to this group seeking words of wisdom from personal experience or that of a fellow sailor. What should I look for, tips on dealing with boatyard/insurance agent etc..

Thanks

Tim O
Calypso