[C320-list] When Lightning Strikes

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 07:42:50 PDT 2008

Been there, done that twice. If you have insurance through Boat US,
the haul and survey are on them so wait until they order it.

The only caution I would make is to test operate every
electric/electronic device on board. It is easy to overlook things
like washdown pumps, steaming lights, fans, chargers, galvanic
isolators, handhelds and other plug-ins that may be hidden from the
adjuster/surveyer. You may have to eat it if you pull out some rarely
touched item a year from now and find out it doesn't work

Lastly, if it was a direct masthead strike, the repair authorization
should include a complete rewiring of the mast because that can't be
inspected.

On 8/16/08, Orlando.Duran at averydennison.com

--

Chris Burti