[C320-list] Bimini Top

Wed Aug 27 16:30:26 PDT 2008

My point exactly...I live in Los Angeles, roughly equivalent  North as
Sydney is South (approx 33 degrees)...I don't have a bimini, I don't think
you need one at these latitude (although heck yes, you'll need it in Key
West) and if I did would never buy one that gave me maximum shade because
I wouldn't want anything that big covering my cockpit nor would I add
shade cloths...

That said, Bruce has outfitted his boat to suit his personal taste and
needs regarding a bimini...

             "Bruce Stanley"
             <brucestanley36@
             gmail.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                 C320-List at catalina320.com
             c320-list-bounce                                          cc
             s at lists.catalina
             320.com                                              Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Bimini Top

             08/27/2008 04:23
             PM

              Please respond
             C320-List at Catali
                na320.com

Don
We have a 3 bar bimini which gives us maximum shade coverage.
The connector sheet is attached with zippers to bimini and dodger.
When next I do it again, I will not zipper the connector to the dodger,
but
make it longer and let it go well over the dodger.
They sew in a batten at the forward end and this is then tied to the
boom...
with both ends tied to the deck grab handles, shrouds or life lines (not
too
clear on that part).
This allows air to flow into the cockpit. Shade cloth hanging from the
bimini is also an addition we are about to add, as well.

Bruce Stanley, Fantastic Lady
Sydney Australia C320 #1084