[C320-list] Bimini Top

crashley at gte.net crashley at gte.net
Thu Aug 28 22:51:10 PDT 2008

Don (I think),

We bought an after-market bimini from a reputable and recommended shop (that
will remain anonymous) but we have not been that happy with it. It's too
large and interferes with the boom unless we make a conscious effort to
prevent it from doing so. I would recommend a smaller one that attaches to
the TOP of the aft side rails. Ours connects between the lower lifeline and
the deck and is just too damn big. When you sit in the stern pulpit seats
you sort of have to duck down to avoid bumping your head. The only time we
really use it is when we are at anchor and then it is actually quite
enjoyable. I also think the stowed bimini slows us down a bit when sailing.
I'm sure I'll get a ton of "what the hell are you talking about" responses
but that's our experience.

CRA
Rosebud #882