[C320-list] list suggestion: why not use the Google Group for everything?

catalina at thehares.com catalina at thehares.com
Tue Dec 16 06:03:47 PST 2008

Hi Kevin,

  Good questions Kevin. Brief history and then the plan.. :)

C320-list used to be hosted by Sailnet, who went under taking many years
of our archives with them. So we switched over to SailJazz who decided to
start charging for participation and claimed sole ownership over the list
content.  So we started hosting our own list to protect our archive
history.

Shortly after hosting our own, we started mirroring the archives through a
C320-list google group to have better searching capability.  The plan is
to invert this and carry on all the discussions through the C320-list
google group and use our own c320-list as the long-term to archive
discussions.  Then people can continue with c320-list email, or use your
browser to reply directly on the google group website.

We'll be phasing that in shortly once we finish reorganizing the website.
I'll also integrate the GoogleGroup into our website search engine to
return archive results as well.  Just haven't gotten to that yet.

Stay tuned.
-Jeff