[C320-list] upgrading mainsheet jam cleat

Matt Curtis mcurtis_6775 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 06:55:47 PST 2008

I have a similar problem.  I do not like to use the winch as a cleat.  That's why I am looking to upgrade to a line clutch...but the cam cleat idea mentioned in an earlier post may work well enough for my needs.  I'm going to take a close look at my cabintop this weekend.  That way I would not have to mess around with the difficult task of removing the jam cleat that is very well adhered to the deck!

  -Matt
  Tortuga, #541

crashley at gte.net wrote:
  Matt,

That makes sense, although I have more trouble keeping the main sheet IN the
jam cleat when I want it there as opposed to having it go there when it
shouldn't.

CRA
Rosebud #882