[C320-list] 12 volt receptacle

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 13:30:20 PST 2008

John,

Sounds like a gross generalization to say that ALL blowers are rated for intermittent service. For instance, on many boats including Beneteaus the blower is wired to run the whole time that the engine is running. I'd expect that those blowers are rated for that type of service. Based on how ours are wired and how much more noise they make, I wouldn't be surprised if they were rated differently. In any case, I sometimes run mine for 30 minutes or so to bring the engine temp down on very hot days when the engine is running hard, or sometimes for 5 or 10 minutes after the engine has been turned off to keep engine smells out of the aft cabin.

Jeff