[C320-list] 155 vs. 135

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 29 16:16:21 PST 2008

as many folk have said, the decision is your call--the "heavy" concept is incorrect for the 155--any good sailmaker can use any weight "cloth" (material) to construct the sail you want--of course, the winds you sail in should determine the weight of the material used to make the sail--I personally like a 155 because of the ease in reducing sail area if required for stronger winds--NONE OF THIS APPLIES IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN RACES>
  I have a wing keel and a 155 and many times when we are just out for a fun drift we only use the 155--no main at all (tacks through 150 degrees) but we are having fun so who cares.  A light weight 155 is great.

RUTHE SMALL <sailmiss at msn.com> wrote:
  We are trying to make a decision about a new genoa. We have a wing keel. does anyone have any comments?

Sam Wagner