[C320-list] 155 vs. 135

Jack Fitzgibbon chuters at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 29 19:51:42 PST 2008

We had a hank-on 150 on our C25.  In the morning, when the prevailing wind was 5 to 6 knots, the boat sailed beautifully. As the wind picked up to around 12+ the boat was easily over powered and wanted to round-up, and did.  We deployed the 110 and the boat sailed great.  We finally decided to shop for new sails as the 86 C25 had the original sails that came with the boat.  We selected a 135 Genoa and found a good used one with a furling system.  We decided to go with the whole system, including the C320 the 135 and furler were installed on. The 135 was ideal and covered a much wider range of wind conditions before reefing.  We really like the C320 that came with the sail.