[C320-list] Install Raymarine Autopilot and Garmin GPS

Joe Abbagnaro jabbagna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:40:13 PST 2008

Hello
Need some help we just purchased a 99 320. The boat is spending the winter

on the hard in NJ and I am in CT. I just bought a Raymarine S1 Auto Pilot
for the

boat., currently there is no Autopilot installed I also bought a Garmin GPS
4208 .

I would like to install this equipment myself.

Since I am not local to the boat can anyone tell me if there is extra room
for breakers in

The factory fuse panel. I am assuming the S1 will have to run off a
dedicated circuit.

I was going to get power for the GPS from one of the existing feeds in the
helm.
Any suggestions on where to install  the compass for the Autopilot,
I have seen many  mounted on the ceiling  of the aft cabin.

Can anyone provide me with this information., I have looked on the site, but
did

not see a project for someone installing an Autopilot.

Thank You

Joe