[C320-list] Install Raymarine Autopilot and Garmin GPS

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Wed Jan 9 10:31:13 PST 2008

Joe

When I installed my autopilot I added a new switch (toggle type) to the
panel and fused it separately, using an inline fuse mounted behind the
panel. My thought process was that the autopilot motor draws more than other
navigation instruments and deserves a circuit of its own.(Also I didn't have
any spare breakers)

I located the compass on the bulkhead in the aft cabin just below the
steering mechanism and almost centerline. Its very accessable there, works
well and is a short and easy run up to the controller. Mine is mounted on
the berth side of this bulkhead in plain view, but could also be mounted on
the back side of the bulkhead, out of sight in the lazerette.

Kirk