[C320-list] Source of Leak

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 15 15:59:44 PST 2008

cpt trolleys really does a great job--I have used it several places and it works.  However the opening ports pose a different problem---the opening is large enough to need more than cpt trolleys.  An earlier e-mail indicated that the design of the ports is a problem---the outside rim is a two part rim with the two parts meeting in the horizontal center (right and left side centers)  The easy seal is to use caulk (life caulk) to fill the hole on both sides of the outside of the port--it works or worked on my hull #219---I had used cpt trolleys prior and it helped but did not eliminate the leak for a period of time.  Ken  OBUOY #219

Dave Anderer <danderer at udel.edu> wrote:  Hmm. Three of the four opening ports in the main cabin have small
leaks I haven't been able to locate. (Drench them with a hose for 20
minutes - nothing. But given some rain...)

I wonder if it is worth trying this stuff before pulling and re-
bedding them? Any thoughts?

Dave