[C320-list] Questions

Allan S. Field allan.field at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 18:09:17 PST 2008

Jason - The S1 does require lowering the instrument pod, at least on hull
#808.  However, this probably was the easiest part of the install.  Finding
locations for the computer and rudder sensor, plus wiring both, presented
much bigger challenges.  But compared to the previous autohelm, the S1 is
well worth the trouble.

As for stereo and speakers, I would suggest a marine stereo as you still are
in a marine environment even with the stereo down below.  Some folks install
speakers under the aft catbird seats, wiring through the tubes.  And some
C320's come with the messenger line or wiring already present.  Mine did
not.  Using a hole saw (available from the toolbox loaner program) I
installed speakers in the cockpit on the forward facing portion of the aft
benches.  I put a ton of caulk around the speakers and have never had a
leak.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD