[C320-list] Questions

Jason Alexander alexander.jason at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:50:15 PST 2008

Allan,

Can I ask some follow-up's

On Jan 28, 2008 8:09 PM, Allan S. Field <allan.field at comcast.net> wrote:
> Jason - The S1 does require lowering the instrument pod, at least on hull
> #808.  However, this probably was the easiest part of the install.  Finding
> locations for the computer and rudder sensor, plus wiring both, presented
> much bigger challenges.  But compared to the previous autohelm, the S1 is
> well worth the trouble.

What makes you think the S1 is so much better.  I have an ST4000+ and
the MKII wheel on my Catalina 28 and it seem to perform very well.

> As for stereo and speakers, I would suggest a marine stereo as you still are
> in a marine environment even with the stereo down below.  Some folks install
> speakers under the aft catbird seats, wiring through the tubes.  And some
> C320's come with the messenger line or wiring already present.  Mine did
> not.  Using a hole saw (available from the toolbox loaner program) I
> installed speakers in the cockpit on the forward facing portion of the aft
> benches.  I put a ton of caulk around the speakers and have never had a
> leak.

What size speakers did you put in.  Do you find the drivers for the
speakers get in the way of the storage in those lockers.   How big of
a hole saw does the C320 group have/

Thanks
Jason