[C320-list] Fw: 4D batteries

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Sun Jul 6 19:33:21 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Kirk McCullough
To: C320-List
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 7:14 PM
Subject: 4D batteries

Hello list

I'm thinking I need new batteries, after 5 seasons, mostly with an older charger, i can only get about 50 Ahrs out of the set of 2 x 4D's in parallel. This is good for 3 days on the hook, with 30 minutes of engine time to make hot water and charge etc.

I have the Xantrex now with a Link 10 monitor so I have a good idea on how the batteries charge and also how they deliver Amp-hours etc.

What has the been the experience of those who have purchased new batteries recently? Prices etc. I'll probably go with wet Lead-Acid again.

Kirk