[C320-list] Catalina Customer Service

Ralph Winkler ralphwink at aepro.com
Thu Jul 10 14:26:13 PDT 2008

You guys are going to love this one.

I need a replacement foot switch for the Maxwell VC500 windless on Wind Dancer #394 and after trying to locate Maxwell without success (my manual is from 1990 even though the boat is a '96) I called Catalina's Customer Serv. Dept. for help. After I explain my problem, the tech service guy I was connected to, tells me that they don't have just the foot switch in stock as they only buy complete kits, sounds logical to me, but he asks me to hold on while he connects me to Maxwell.  Maxwell comes on-line and the guy says that I can only buy the part through a dealer, WM or Defender as a special order (not what I wanted to hear as I'm looking for UPS two day delivery), but unbeknown to me the Catalina guy is still on the phone, hears the conversation and jumps in.  "Excuse me, this is Gerry Douglas at Catalina Yachts what do you mean that you won't sell the part this customer needs direct to him?  WE would appreciate you're helping this customer out."  Oh _ _ _ t!!!  How did I get connected to god?  I think to myself.  Then Gerry says, Mr. Winkler may I have your phone number so I can call you back after we solve your problem?   SURE Gerry, go for it big guy!

I've only called CY maybe three times in the eight years we had Wind Dancer and I've never had a problem with their "personal" service.

Ralph