[C320-list] AC inverters

crashley at gte.net crashley at gte.net
Sat Jul 5 08:53:42 PDT 2008

I have thought. Don't do it. Actually it should work and you can open the
main and outlet circuit breakers and I think it will isolate you from the
galvanic isolator, although I'm not sure that would be a problem anyway.
Also, you won't have a current limiting device unless there's one in the
inverter output itself, and the GFCI outlets might not like it either. I
plan to wire in an inverter/charger soon, but I'm breaking in to the wiring
upstream of the outlet circuit breaker and connecting only the outlets to
the inverter output. When shore power is available there's a transfer relay
in the inverter that connects shore power to it's output so the outlets will
work normally then too.

CRA
Rosebud #882