[C320-list] AC inverters

David Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Sun Jul 6 19:24:34 PDT 2008

Bob:

We have a Heart Freedom 1000 watt inverter on Proud Mary.  The
instructions specifically state, "Please note that the inverter AC output
breakers are isolated from the main panel.  Keeping the inverter loads
isolated is important.  Do not back feed the unit by supplying AC from
shore or generator to the inverter AC output."  They do not specify why
or what can happen, but I would hate to replace the inverter.  I have a
30 amp adapter that I can plug into a standard outlet and plug the shore
power cord into the adapter to supply power.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150