[C320-list] Porthole Repair or Replacement Seals or Rebedding

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 16:28:22 PDT 2008

Rick

I would agree with Kit in that the upper and lower frame joint could and
probably was some of the leakage on my port lights and they also all started
leaking about the same time. However, when I removed the port lights one at
a time the bedding had clearly dried and deteriorated the same as the sealer
in the joints and appeared to be the same product. You might try the $10.00
fix and save the labor as you could easily reseal these without pulling the
port light. The port lights on later serial # boats (past the mid 600's I
think) have a newer port light without those joints and I haven't heard of
them leaking. How about it you newer boat guys?

Monte
Laima #620