[C320-list] DC power system upgrade advice

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Wed Jul 16 19:46:49 PDT 2008

Wow after 3 days on the hook we have typically used only 60 amp-hours. I
agree the anchor light is a power hog , so I usually turn it off at day
break, then go back to bed. I run the engine 45 mins per day to make hot
water and charge, with our standard 50 amp alternator.

We are frugal with lights and the fridge up here in the NW doesn't run alot.
I have a very efficient unit that draws only 2.5 to 3 amps when the
compressor is running. The stock unit uses much more.

Kirk