[C320-list] Autohelm Crazy Ivan

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 20:29:13 PDT 2008

I had the same thing on WindSwept with the ST 4000.  When I upgraded to the
4000+ model including the new control head and the rudder reference unit the
problem disappeared.

Not only did mine always turn the same way but I too termed the maneuver a
"Crazy Ivan".  This isn't entirely correct though, is it?  Didn't Red
October turn in both directions?

When Otto made the Crazy Ivans on WindSwept he never did detect a trailing
submarine......

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246