[C320-list] Autohelm Crazy Ivan

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Wed Jul 30 05:33:07 PDT 2008

Mine could never find home sometimes and would just go back and forth
a few degrees for a minute or two, but since I tightened the steering
cables it works great and the problem is gone. I never had a problem
steering with the wheel but I guess it is more sensitive then me. I
have the rudder positioner and love it as a quick reference when backing.

Pat #130

At 04:09 PM 7/29/2008, you wrote:
>Gary,
>
>C-320's are notorious for Crazy Ivans if the optional Raymarine rudder
>reference unit is not installed with the autopilot. You can tell if you have
>one or if the control head is seeing it by noting the rudder angle displayed
>at the bottom of the control head. Turn the wheel left or right and note the
>rudder angle display on the control head. If you have it something else
>electronic may hit it occasionally I guess but my Crazy Ivans went away with
>the RRU install.
>
>Monte
>Laima #620

Pat Moriarty