[C320-list] Brown water coming from hot water tap

Rich Smith richsmi01 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 06:57:17 PDT 2008

Hi -  Last year I winterized my 320 as usual by bypassing the hot water
tank, draining it, and adding antifreeze to the rest of the system.

This spring we flushed the system out twice and added a bit of bleach like
we normally do but I'm finding that after the boat has been sitting for a
day or two, when I turn on the hot water it comes out clear for about 3
seconds then a browny/orange colour for 2 seconds then clear again.

>From that point on the water is clear until I let things rest for a day or
two at which point I get that 2 seconds of brown/orange water...

One more thing I've noticed is that my water pump will occasionally (1-2
times per day) cycle for a moment...This has never happened before...

Any idea what could be wrong???

Thanks!

Rich.