[C320-list] New Engine Mounts

Mike Shoffner drshoffner at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 06:53:13 PDT 2008

I would think you're correct in your thought that new mounts don't change anything except insulating the hull from the vibration.  I could care less if the engine vibrates as long as it's not transrerred to the hull.  That's interesting that your noise and vibration got worse with new mounts.  The most logical explaination would be stiffer mounts which didn't insulate but rather transferred the vibration to the hull.  I'll ask my mechanic the next time I see him.
Mike