[C320-list] Install 'cigarette lighter' chargerat ignition switch housing

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Wed Jun 4 04:40:23 PDT 2008

While the circuit breaker will protect the line fro catastrophic failure (fire) it will not insure that the instruments are seeing 12 volts.  It is quite possible to place a additional current load at the helm that will not trip the breaker but will cause a significant voltage drop across the line.  The result is your instruments could reset or go off line till the voltage is restored.
The best but not the easiest solution is a separate circuit with the proper gauge line.  Failing that a the addition of a fused socket that insures only low current items are plugged in should keep the instruments running reliably.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T