[C320-list] Sailing In Reverse

Len aqua5len at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:36:40 PDT 2008

Yes---sail in reverse, then start engine in reverse---if you try to shift
from reverse before starting engine you wear-out the linkage/break it.  Too
much pressure on prop while sailing to shift.  I spoke with engineer at
Yanmar who told me engine is meant to start in reverse for that reason

Len Krane
AQUA5   #1070