[C320-list] Fuel Tank

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 15:13:11 PDT 2008

Hank,

I had to replace my tank last year as I had a small leak in it. It's fairly
straightforward. Before you do however, you should check to see if there is
a someone who will polish your fuel in your area. Cleaning the tank may be
overkill. However if you do want to remove it, empty the tank with a an pump
that is approved for oil based liquids. They are easy to find and you can
either use a hand pump model or one that uses a hand drill.
Remove the 'floor' boards in the aft starboard locker above the tank
Remove the trim around the access hatch in the aft cabin
Remove the tie down holding the tank in
At this point if you are going to remove the fuel, unscrew the sender gauge,
which is on top of the tank and has 4 or 5 screws. This is where you will
need to insert the hose for your pump to remove the fuel
Disconnect the in/out hoses
You will probably have to unscrew some of the wiring clamps that go around
the base of the fuel tank bed.
Have someone help by passing the tank through the aft cabin access hatch
(where the trim has been removed). I tried pulling it through the locker
hatch as it looks like it will come out, but it won't.

Hope this helps. If you have questions or this is confusing, just let me
know...good luck..

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582