[C320-list] Fuel Tank

Jack Fitzgibbon chuters at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 22 18:15:21 PDT 2008

We had an individual polish the fuel.  Somewhat of a misnomer but essentially the service they provide is filtering the impurities (water) and particulate out of your fuel and fuel tank.  We had it done last year before we set off for the Bahamas to ensure any foreign material that had settled on the bottom of the tank that normally wasn't disturbed during smooth water sailing wasn't ingested into the fuel system once we started to make the crossing in higher sea states.  A high pressure pump is used to filter the fuel as well as clean the inside of the tank, it takes 3 or 4 cycles to thoroughly clean the tank and filter the fuel.  We paid about 125.00 for the service which took about 3 hrs.  Access to the tank was through the starboard lazerette.

jack