[C320-list] New Engine Mounts

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 29 19:06:25 PDT 2008

Martin, I too have the M30, and it vibrates to beat the band below 1k rpm.
The diesel mechanic from whom I took a maintenance course said that's common
with the small diesel engines. His advice was to not run it where it
vibrates. I've even thought of adjusting the cable so it won't go below 1K.

You didn't say if the vibration was only at very low rpms. Of course, if you
have that kind of vibration above 1200 rpm I would think that indicates a
problem to be addressed.

In spite of my low rpm vibration, above 1k the engine runs like a dream.  I
like to cruise at 2700-2800 rpm and do so for hours when necessary with no
problems.

I'm interested in the outcome and would appreciate your letting me know how
it is resolved.

Warren & Pattie Updke
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay