[C320-list] New Engine Mounts

Martin Raphael mraphael at q.com
Sun Jun 29 21:08:12 PDT 2008

Warren, the vibration is only at the very lowest RPM.  I find that the
slightest acceleration is enough to reduce any vibration to essentially nil.
I did have the valves checked and there is some wear on the rocker arm but
not enough to cause problems as yet.  I have since run the engine under way
in gear and there are no noisy vibrations any longer...it is only at the
very slowest RPM in gear.  So I'll just avoid that idle RPM except for the
brief moment it takes to shift gears.  So, like you, I will just avoid the
slowest RPM from here on out.  The new motor mounts resulted in a greatly
quieter engine.
Martin Raphael
Rhapsody #108