[C320-list] Packing Gland

Bryan Campbell bcampbell at valp.net
Mon Jun 30 06:40:20 PDT 2008

I just replaced mine this past week. I did it in the water! Toughest part of
the job was getting the lock not loosened and then getting the old stuffing
out. With the nut and stuffing removed, I used a dish towel wrapped around
the drive shaft to keep the boat from flooding. A little un-nerving at
first, but very manageable.