[C320-list] Battery Advice

Tony Kalish mapmanMD at Verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 08:28:05 PDT 2008

I've changed only one battery and never had a problem.  I think the critical
issue is to replace one battery with a similar one.  I've heard to don't
want to have an AGM battery and a wet-cell for example.  I've kept the water
level to just to the bottom of the tube inside the fill cap for the cell.
Too full and it will leak, too low and you could expose the plates and then
you shorten battery life.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of
hcreech at comcast.net
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 10:31 AM
To: C-320 Catalina
Subject: [C320-list] Battery Advice

One of my two batteries just  lost cranking power and i have replaced it
this weekend.  I noticed on some sites that it recommended never to replace
only one battery.  The original battery seems fine, both volts and amps.  I
have a Xantex 20 charger.  These are dual purpose 1235 batteries purchased
at West Marine.
A related question.  How high should I maintain the water level?

Thanks,

Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606