[C320-list] Biobor

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 3 18:15:00 PST 2008

In jet aircraft we use a product similar to biobor called Prist. The
additive serves two functions in high altitude airplanes. (Think cold fuel)
Since all Jet-A and diesel type fuels are hygroscopic (they absorb water) to
some degree, the additive breaks down water molecules and keeps them in
suspension so they don't freeze and block fuel filters. They also prevent
algae growth at the water molecule, fuel interface which also blocks fuel
filters. Full fuel tanks will not reduce the amount of absorbed moisture in
the existing fuel, but it will reduce that which would accumulate from
condensation in the fuel tank over the winter. I agree with Richard in that
I would keep an eye on the fuel filter sump after you run the engine for a
couple of hours and if it shows any signs of a milky or dark straw color
drain the fuel and change the filters. Otherwise, run the fuel level down
some and add the biobor and that should take care of it. Don't over do these
fuel additives, they dissolve some sealers and eat non-compatible rubber.